Gitane Jan Akkerman Signature Gypsy Jazz Guitar - DG-350
Gitane is proud to include some of the worlds greatest guitarists in its roster of endorsers. Dorado Schmitt is internationally known as a master of Gypsy Jazz guitar. His distinguished recording career spans over three decades and he is counted among the elite of modern guitarists. Dorado worked closely with Saga engineers to create his own model Gitane guitar, the DG-350 is a revelation in tone, playability and style. The combination of Adirondack Spruce and flamed maple results in a bright, clear tone with depth, projection and power.
Jan Akkerman is world-famous in many styles of music. From his legendary recordings with Focus to his mastery of the lute and his fiery Gypsy Jazz stylehe is versatile, endlessly creative and the very epitome of a guitarists guitarist. He has specified for his signature model Gitane: an Indian Rosewood body, a walnut neck and dark tortoise ABS binding for a look of elegance. The sound of this superb guitar reflects the man who inspired it, being versatile and modern with a healthy respect for tradition.
- Select Adirondack spruce top with horizontal cutaway
- Indian rosewood back and sides
- Walnut Neck
- Dovetail neck/body joint
- Ebony fingerboard with pearloid position markers
- Ebony peghead overlay with Modle Dorado Schmitt script and Gitane logo in gold
- Tortoise binding on all body edges
- Rosewood Moustache Bridge with movable center
- Gold-plated Trapeze tailpiece with Ebony insert
- Gold-plated, engraved tuners with ivoroid buttons
- Traditional multi-color soundhole rosette
- Bone nut, zero fret
- Adjustable truss rod
- Longer scale 26 58"
- Nut width: 1 3/4"
- Natural gloss finish
- Signed label
- Shop adjusted
- Shipped insured
- Brand new